The Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament (JESOT) has published their first issue.
A few months back I posted info about the forthcoming Journal and how excited I was to stumble across its site.
The first issue includes articles by:
- Michael S. Heiser
- Eugene H. Merrill
- Joel E. Anderson
- Todd Scacewater
The book reviews section includes:
- Basics of Biblical Aramaic: Complete Grammar, Lexicon, and Annotated Text by Miles Van Pelt (Reviewed by D. R. Watson)
- A Brief Guide to the Hebrew Bible by Hans M. Barstad (Reviewed by J. West)
- The Character of Christian Scripture by Christopher R. Seitz (Reviewed by K. Capps)
- A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on Lamentations by R. B. Salters (Reviewed by S. J. Park)
- David and His Theologian: Literary, Social, and Theological Investigations of the Early Monarchy by Walter Brueggemann (Reviewed by M. Rogland)
- Dictionary of the Old Testament: Prophets edited by Mark J. Boda and J. Gordon McConville (Reviewed by D. Wu)
- Disempowered King: Monarchy in Classical Jewish Literature by Yair Lorberbaum (Reviewed by D. Diffey)
- Exodus: An Exegetical Commentary by Victor P. Hamilton (Reviewed by D. Stuart)
- Festive Meals in Ancient Israel: Deuteronomy’s Identity Politics in their Ancient Near Eastern Context by Peter Altmann (Reviewed by M. Hamilton)
- Key Questions about Biblical Interpretation: Old Testament Answers by John Goldingay (Reviewed by I. German)
- Laws in Early Rabbinic Collections: The Legal Legacy of the Ancient Near East by Samuel Greengus (Reviewed by S. J. Andrews)
- The Oxford Handbook of the Dead Sea Scrolls edited by Timothy H. Lim and John J. Collins (Reviewed by K. S. Baek)
- Psalms as Torah: Reading the Biblical Song Ethically by Gordon J. Wenham (Reviewed by R. J. Cook)
- Presence, Power and Promise: The Role of the Spirit of God in the Old Testament edited by David G. Firth and Paul D. Wegner (Reviewed by J. Spencer)
- The World of Achaemenid Persia: History, Art and Society in Iran and the Ancient Near East edited by John Curtis and St John Simpson (Reviewed by R. M. Fox)
You can download the issue for free here.