If you have ever thought, “It sure would be nice if I could study my Greek vocabulary cards on my iPhone,” then you will appreciate MemoryLifter’s Greek Vocabulary for William Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek. This iPhone app will allow you to have over 300 Greek vocabulary cards at your fingertips wherever you go. It is designed as a supplement to Mounce’s Basics of Biblical Greek, but remains a great tool even if you are no longer studying in the classroom.
The Learning Module contains 314 flashcards organized to correspond with the Basics of Biblical Greek chapters.
- Image/mnemonics for every lexical form
- Audio for both sides of every card
- Sentence example from the New Testament for every card
This application includes:
- 314 flashcards
- Audio recordings of native speakers in both languages
- 31 chapters
- Example sentences and audio recordings of native speakers in both languages
- High resolution images are stored on your device so you can use the application abroad, without additional data transfers and costs
- Browse Cards Mode to get familiar with the learning content
- Learning Mode with standard text input
- Multiple Choice
- Feature to learn in both directions (active and passive language usage)
- Feedback that tells you the right answer, and whether your answer was right or wrong
- Self assessment option, if you want to judge whether your answer was right or wrong for yourself
- Statistical feedback on your learning progress
While the app does have a few drawbacks (lack of flexibility in learning modes, inability to discard mastered words, price of $10.99), the pros far outweigh the cons. You can find the app by searching in the Apple App Store for “Greek Mounce” or by clicking here.