The Defend the Faith School of Christian Apologetics Conference will be taking place down in New Orleans at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS) January 8-13, 2012. Yes this is during the BCS Championship between LSU and Alabama that is taking place right down the road on the 9th, but take heart, the schedule allows a time for us all to watch.
What is the NOBTS Defend the Faith Conference, you ask?
Per the official website:
Defend the Faith is a week-long (5 nights, 5 days) school in Christian Apologetics training that features quality biblical, philosophical, and theological instruction and outstanding worship. Speakers include Gary Habermas, Bob Stewart, James Walker, Mary Jo Sharp Robert Bowman, Timothy McGrew, Steve Lemke, Mike Edens, Scott Drumm, Mark Rathel, and many others. Topics covered include Science and Christianity, the New Atheism, the Resurrection of Jesus, the Reliability of the New Testament, Islam, World Religions, Mormonism, New Age Spirituality, Postmodernism, the Historical Jesus, the Problem of Evil, and other issues related to the defense and proclamation of a biblical worldview.
I will be attending along with my beautiful bride and look forward to the line-up. The line-up this year includes two Louisiana College (LC) professors, Drs.
Charles Quarles and Steven Cowan, and one previous LC professor, Dr. Alan Bandy. The full line-up looks like:
- Gary Habermas (Liberty University)
- Robert M. Bowman, Jr. (Institute for Religious Research)
- Timothy McGrew (Western Michigan University)
- Bob Stewart (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Paul Copan (Palm Beach Atlantic University)
- James Walker (Watchman Fellowship)
- Greg Koukl (Stand To Reason)
- Brett Kunkle (Stand To Reason)
- Mary Jo Sharp (Confident Christianity)
- Mike Miller (First Baptist Church, Kenner, LA)
- Craig Branch (Apologetics Resource Center)
- Dale Younce (University of Mobile)
- David Calhoun (Gonzaga University)
Chuck Quarles (Louisiana College)
- Alan Bandy (Oklahoma Baptist University)
- Steve Cowan (Louisiana College)
- Steve Lemke (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Mike Edens (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Scott Drumm (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Mark Rathel (Baptist College of Florida)
- Raymond Stewart (T.A., Western Michigan University)
- Rhyne Putman (New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary)
I will, Lord willing, be posting some stuff from the conference so stay tuned. If you will be attending, leave a comment below!